Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Sports Utility Vehicles

I hate SUVs (Sports Utility Vehicles). HATE them. I think there should be a law that you have to prove that you need an SUV in order to buy them – you know, you live in an area where roads are often wiped out by vicious rain storms… or you have a job that requires a lot of off-roading.

I wish I could say that I hate SUVs for the right reasons… you know, they guzzle a lot of gas and pollute the precious world that was given to us. But, I don’t. I hate them because they are big. I hate all big vehicles, actually, but I have come to accept the necessity of vehicles like minivans… they are the only vehicle in which one can safely transport more than 5 people, so if you have a big family, that’s what you have to have – although, why they can’t add seats to those station wagons, I don’t know.

I just hate driving close to SUVs, vans, buses, trucks… anything bigger than my little Volkswagon Golf. I hate not being able to see beyond them to see what’s going on in front of me. I hate having them beside me in the next lane. I hate when they come up behind me… And the only one of those vehicles that are completely unnecessary in a big city is the SUV. Why, oh why are there so many of them?

Anyway, those are my thoughts. SUVs are bad.

No comments: